“I randomly impersonate celebrities at any given point of the day.”
What kind of actor do you aspire to be?
The actor I aspire to be would be my authentic self but actors already in the industry that inspire me are Chadwick Boseman, Noel Clarke and Idris Elba.
What performance piece did you choose for the showcase and why did you choose it?
One of the reasons I chose ‘Perfect Moment’ by Ruud Visser was to be able to play around with the archetypes. The character’s challenging struggle of being away for a long period of time really allowed for me to connect on a deeper level and understanding by putting myself in their shoes.
What book, theatre, film or TV production has most inspired you?
The movie, ‘Kidulthood’ by Noel Clark, because I aspire to be versatile in what I can bring creatively, such as directing, producing films and music. The book, ‘I Can’t Make This Up’ by Kevin Hart has inspired me to acknowledge and value the journey of becoming an effective actor. I feel like it’s become a norm to only document the successes of making it in the industry and Kevin Hart has taught me to be consistent and resilient.
How have you been keeping creative during lockdown?
1. Writing and creating stories. Reflecting my life through music and acting called ‘The Best Is Yet To Come’
2. Reading plays: contemporary, modern, Shakespeare
3. Directing comedy sketches with other creatives
4. Development on character analysis through ‘archetypes’
5. Watching movies, documentaries and films for inspiration.